Friday, October 03, 2014

31 Days of Horror - 2014: Day 3 Scanners

I haven't watch much Cronenberg, but when Criterion released Scanners I picked it up.  Going into it I didn't really have any idea what the movie was about, which is usually a good way to see a movie.  The only thing I really knew about it was the famous exploding head, which just looks so epic.

Cronenberg does a good job getting in his audiences head, which I guess is what he's going for (especially with this film).  Great use of practical special FX.

2 comments:

ncapp said...

The movie peaks with the exploding head. There's no way to top that. Still a good movie. The climax can only let you down, though.

Paul Toohey said...

I feel like the end is pretty solid too, no where near as epic as the head pop, but still...