Tuesday, October 03, 2017

2017 Horror for 31 Days: Alien 3 (1992) - Day 3

A big reason I ended up starting out with this Alien series was to finally watch Alien 3.  I read a couple things online about how the extended cut made more sense and was probably better so I plunged into that one.

David Fincher walked away from making this movie at somepoint, I assume he tried to Alan Smithee it, but was unable to scour his name from the movie.  If this longer version is better, I maybe still wish I would have watched the shorter version.  Not a lot in this really worked for me.  Once again they kind of start Ripley off in a more passive role, and then she ends up taking some charge.  I don't know who's to blame, I mean the script couldn't have been that good, but the movie isn't really any good.

No comments: