Sunday, October 20, 2013

31 Horrors Day 17: Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight (1995)

As someone who has spent a lot of time around punmeisters Allen Smith and Victoria Swaynos you'd think that the Crypt Keeper's constant puns wouldn't annoy me, but they kinda do.  I also felt like the movie would have been as good, or better, without the Crypt Keeper intro/outro.  But I guess they wanted to keep it as part of the Tales from the Crypt series.

I remember when I was young sneaking into my Grandparent's TV room to sneak episodes of Tales from the Crypt on satellite.  The only thing I really remember is the one with the lumberjack who sleeps with his boss' wife and ends up blind.

Overall a fairly interesting story. The final girl is unexpected and used well and isn't any bit a damsel in distress.  The long chunk of exposition at the start of the third act weakens the movie.  Plus, having seen the Pantera video for Cemetery Gates many times, I feel like I've seen most of this movie.


No comments: